|Uttaranchal Power Corporation Ltd. was created on the 1st April 2001 after the de-merger from UPPCL (erstwhile UPSEB) catering to the Transmission & Distribution Infrastructure in the Uttaranchal born on 9th November 2000 as the 27th State of India & 10th Himalayan State of the country. Since then UPCL is engaged for improving the power supply of Uttaranchal State with the following (MISSION) aims & objectives :|
- To achieve 100% Rural Electrification Infrastructure for Electrification of Villages & Hamlets.
- To provide 24x7 reliable, quality and un-interrupted supply to its consumers.
- To provide POWER TO ALL on demand.
- To strengthen the existing power network based on present advanced technology with an objective to reduce T&D losses.
- To provide power system network with minimal environmental impact.
- To plan and provide strong power system to the state and its consumers at an affordable cost.
- To develop a professionally managed organization.
- To generate additional revenue for the Corporation and State by developing a strong, adequate, reliable and cohesive power network based on most techno-economical aspects to contribute towards the development and prosperity of the State.
- To improve social status of the people.
- To reduce poverty of the people.
- To provide employment in the rural sections by providing reliable supply.
- To establish Consumer Care Centre, Centralized Service Centre etc. to provide Quality Service to the Consumers.
- Implementation of IT based consumer services
- To provide On-line payment facility to consumers
- To contribute to the formation of a developed & progressive Uttarakhand State.